Terms and Conditions
- Scope of Terms and Conditions. The Terms and Conditions of product sales and service projects are limited to those contained herein. Any additional or different terms or conditions in any form delivered by you (“Customer”) are hereby deemed to be material alterations and notice of objection to them and rejection of them is hereby given. By accepting delivery of the products or Services by engaging Petra HVAC LLC (“Provider”) to provide product(s) or perform any services, Customer agrees to be bound by and accepts these Terms and Conditions unless Customer and Petra HVAC LLC have signed a separate agreement, in which case the separate agreement will govern. These Terms and Conditions constitute a binding contract between Customer and Petra HVAC LLC and are referred to herein as either “Terms and Conditions” or this “Agreement.” Customer accepts these Terms and Conditions by making a purchase from Petra HVAC LLC or engaging Petra HVAC LLC to perform or procure any services. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without prior notice, except that the Terms and Conditions posted on (Petra HVAC LLC)’s Site at the time Customer signs the Installation or Service Proposal will govern, unless otherwise agreed in writing by Petra HVAC LLC and Customer.
2. Payment Terms. Customer shall pay Petra HVAC LLC according to the terms contained in the Installation or Service Proposal. Final payment shall be due after the work described in the Installation or Services Proposal is substantially completed on Site (Cash or Credit Cards).
3. Zoning and Permits. Customer agrees to timely furnish all information necessary to secure plans and permits for the work called for under this Agreement, and Customer warrants the work contracted for to follow applicable zoning, classification and building codes. Any costs for work not in the Estimate but required by lawful authorities to bring the work into compliance with applicable code shall be the responsibility of the Customer. Petra HVAC LLC assumes no responsibility for violation of zoning rules/laws.
4. Change Orders. During the progress of the work under this Agreement, if Customer should order extra work not specified in the Agreement, Petra HVAC LLC may require such extra work to be considered an agreement separate and aside from this Agreement and may require payment for said extra work in advance.
5. Work Schedule. Work shall be completed within a reasonable time. Performance of this Agreement is subject to labor strikes, fires, acts of war or terrorism, acts of God, adverse weather conditions not reasonably anticipated, unusual delays in transportation, (Petra HVAC LLC)’s ability to obtain materials, and/or any cause beyond (Petra HVAC LLC)’s control.
6. Substitutions. Should Petra HVAC LLC be unable to obtain any material(s) specified in the Agreement or any Change Order, Petra HVAC LLC shall have the right at its sole discretion to substitute comparable materials and such substitution shall not affect the Contract Price.
7. Excess Materials. Extra materials left over upon completion shall be deemed (Petra HVAC LLC)’s property, and Petra HVAC LLC may enter upon the Property’s premises to remove excess material(s) at all reasonable hours.
8. Supervision Responsibility. Petra HVAC LLC shall supervise and direct the work at Customer’s Property, using reasonable skill and attention. Petra HVAC LLC shall be solely responsible for the construction means, methods, technique, sequences, and procedures for all work performed at Customer’s Property pursuant to this Agreement. Customer shall not interfere with (Petra HVAC LLC)’s work forces or (Petra HVAC LLC)’s subcontractors.
9. Limited Warranty. Petra HVAC LLC shall provide Customer with a limited warranty on service and labor for the duration set forth in the Installation Agreement, beginning on the date of completion of services against defects in the quality of workmanship and/or materials (“Warranty Period”). Petra HVAC LLC shall not be liable during or following the Warranty Period for any: (a) damage due to ordinary wear and tear or abusive use; (b) damage due to use of the equipment beyond the design temperatures (cooling set below 70°F, for instance); (c) defects that are the result of characteristics common to the materials used; (d) loss, injury or damages caused in any way by the weather elements; (e) conditions resulting from condensation on, or expansion or contraction or, any materials; (f) any water leak, blockage, freezing, or other malfunction of condensate or drain lines; and/or (g) air leaks arising from structural deficiencies within existing supply/return ducts or transitions. If Customer opts for a Warranty Period exceeding two (2) years, Customer agrees to maintain yearly service agreements with Petra HVAC LLC for the entire duration of the Warranty Period; Petra HVAC LLC shall not be liable for warranty repairs during the Warranty Period in the absence of such yearly service agreement(s). Petra HVAC LLC makes no warranty to Buyer regarding materials and/or equipment installed (other than a warranty of title), and Petra HVAC LLC authorizes no third person or party to assume any warranty obligation or liability on (Petra HVAC LLC)’s behalf. The only warranties applicable to the materials and/or equipment installed are those, if any, extended by the respective manufacturer that shall furnish to Buyer any and all applicable warranty documents. Petra HVAC LLC hereby assigns to Buyer, without recourse, any applicable warranties extended to Petra HVAC LLC. Such assignment shall constitute (Petra HVAC LLC)’s sole obligation and Buyer’s sole exclusive remedy from Petra HVAC LLC with regard to defective materials and/or equipment installed. This limited warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, statutory or otherwise, express or implied, all representations made by Petra HVAC LLC, and all other obligations or liabilities respective of the Services provided at the Property. Petra HVAC LLC disclaims all other warranties, express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranty of workmanlike construction, implied warranty of habitability, implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or use, and/or implied warranty of merchantability. Under no circumstances shall Petra HVAC LLC be liable to Customer for loss of time, loss of use, inconvenience, or any other incidental or consequential damages that may arise from this Agreement. Unauthorized repairs or attempted repairs shall void this warranty entirely.
10. Design Conditions. All equipment is designed according to the Manual J. standard design temperatures for New Haven, CT (Cooling: 75°F indoor dry bulb temperature w/ 50% indoor relative humidity at 92°F outdoor dry bulb temperature. Heating: 70°F indoor dry bulb temperature w/ 50% indoor relative humidity at 23°F outdoor dry bulb temperature). Petra HVAC LLC is not responsible for cooling/heating beyond the Manual J. standard design temperatures, high humidity levels, system reaching dew point, ductwork sweating/producing condensate due to home infiltration rates or any other reason. R-values, structural tightness, ductwork conditions, home infiltration, leakage of ductwork, building materials and any other factor in the load calculation will be determined by the information the Customer provides to Petra HVAC LLC upon initial consultation, Petra HVAC LLC is not responsible for any problems incurred due to incorrect information provided by Customer at the time of consultation and load calculation. If Customer does not authorize Petra HVAC LLC to conduct its own testing to determine load calculations, all insulation values, Petra HVAC LLC shall size the new HVAC system based on the size of the existing HVAC system. In such case, Petra HVAC LLC shall not be responsible for problems caused by over sizing (including without limitation short cycling, humidity control, and mold growth) or under sizing (including without limitation inability to heat or cool within the Manual J. standard design temperatures).
11. Performance or Condition of Existing Equipment. Petra HVAC LLC is not responsible for the performance, functionality, or compatibility of existing equipment, ductwork, duct board, controls, or other equipment/materials that is not replaced during a job installation and that Customer agrees to keep in place. In the event that the system fails to operate properly, the Warranty service will only cover the newly installed equipment, controls, or materials, as well as our workmanship. In the event that an existing piece of equipment prevents the proper start up or operation of the new equipment or system, Customer assumes all responsibility for any additional service charges that may be incurred.
12. Existing Line Set. Petra HVAC LLC is not responsible for any problems with heating or cooling due to the existing line set, which may require repair and replacement for an additional cost to the Customer in the event Petra HVAC LLC is unable to pull a 500 micron vacuum on an existing line set. Should Customer reject Petra HVAC LLC’s recommendation to replace an existing line set, Petra HVAC LLC’s limited warranty is voided.
13. Existing Gas Pipe. Petra HVAC LLC is not responsible for the condition of any existing gas pipe that is not readily accessible. Customer is responsible for any additional costs incurred if pressure testing is required to identify leaks and necessary repairs.
14. Paint, Patchwork, and Repairs. Petra HVAC LLC is not responsible for any painting, patchwork, or repair work that may be required following modification/installation work.
15. Personal Property. Petra HVAC LLC is not responsible for damage to Customer’s personal property left in or near the project area.
16. Existing Attic Access Stairs. In the event Customer’s existing stairs cannot be safely utilized for the removal and installation of equipment, an alternate method or access may be required. Petra HVAC LLC is not responsible for (a) the replacement or repair of attic steps or stairs that must be removed to complete removal or installation work; and/or (b) any property damage resulting from the removal of the attic steps or stairs.
17. Mold. Petra HVAC LLC shall not be responsible for any claims, damages, actions, costs, or other liabilities, whether direct or indirect, that may be caused by, resulting from, or relating to, mold. The discovery and/or removal or any mold or any hazardous materials is excluded from the scope of Petra HVAC LLC’s work, and Petra HVAC LLC reserves the right to stop work until such mold or hazardous materials are removed.
18. Insurance and Waiver of Subrogation. Customer shall maintain property insurance upon the entire structure including all work to be performed pursuant to this Agreement to the full insurable value thereof. This insurance shall inure against the perils of fire, theft, extended coverage, vandalism, and malicious mischief. Customer and Petra HVAC LLC waive all rights against each other for damages caused by insured perils whether or not such damage is caused by the fault or negligence of any party hereto
19. Indemnification. Customer shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Petra HVAC LLC and its respective directors, officers, employees, agents, sureties, subcontractors, and suppliers from and against any and all losses, costs, expenses, damages, injuries, claims, demands, obligations, liabilities, judgments, fines, penalties, interest and causes of action, including without limitation administrative and legal costs and reasonable attorney's fees, involving the following: (a) injury or death to any person, or damage to or destruction of any property (including loss of use thereof), except to the extent caused by the sole negligence or intentional misconduct of Petra HVAC LLC; and (b) any failure of the Customer to comply with the requirements of the Agreement.
20. Risk of Loss. Risk of loss shall pass to the Customer upon delivery of materials and equipment to Customer’s Property. Petra HVAC LLC shall not be responsible for any loss due to fire, theft, vandalism, and/or malicious mischief once delivered to Customer’s Property. Customer shall assume all responsibility for any such loss and Customer shall maintain insurance coverage to protect against such loss.
21. Severability. Should any part of this Agreement be adjudged to be void, unenforceable, or contrary to public policy, only such void or unenforceable portion shall be stricken and eliminated hereof while the other portions remain valid and enforceable.
22. Performance. If Customer fails to perform any of Customer’s obligations herein or if Petra HVAC LLC, in good faith, believes that the prospect of payment or performance to be impaired, Petra HVAC LLC may upon seven (7) days written notice to Customer terminate this Agreement while retaining all mechanic’s lien rights as well as right to payment for the full amount of work performed plus reasonable overhead and profit, interest, attorneys’ fees, and other charges due and unpaid.
23. Collections. If amounts owing under this Agreement are not paid within thirty (30) days, Customer agrees to pay a late charge on any outstanding balance at two per cent (2%) per month or twenty-four per cent (24%) per annum on the unpaid amount calculated from the date payment was due. Customer will be deemed to have accepted Petra HVAC LLC’s performance as complete under this Agreement unless Customer notified Petra HVAC LLC in writing otherwise within thirty (30) days of substantial completion. Should Petra HVAC LLC retain the assistance of a third party, including without limitation an attorney, to assist with collection of unpaid amounts due and owing, Customer agrees to pay Petra HVAC LLC’s costs associated therewith including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs, and interest at the maximum legal rate.
24. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Customer and Petra HVAC LLC. No agreements, representations, or warranties other than those specifically set forth herein shall be binding on any of the parties unless set forth in writing and signed by both parties (Petra HVAC LLC is also the Seller).